Monday, November 10

Thinkingless

I need something to do besides watch HGTV when I don't want to think. Problem is, blogging involves thinking. I'm going to do it anyway. Besides, things that don't require thinking usually allow for thinking, and the idea is to NOT think. It's a problem. I'm not going to tell you what it is I don't want to think about. But it's not vet school, which you might have thought would be at the top of the list. It's true, vet school sucks and thinking about it is to be avoided, but at the moment it doesn't make me cry.

Today someone suggested I take up a craft such as needlework. Wow. That sounds hard on the neck. And the hands. Needlework is out. At least, needlepoint.

Is crochet a form of needlework? I think I'll bring my crochet stuff down with me after Thanksgiving, so I can either concentrate on difficult stitches or mindlessly create shapeless sheets of dropped and added stitches, over and over until I have piles of useless small textile objects.

And just like that, I'm out of things to say. Guess I'm out of practice.

No comments: