Monday, November 8

Kitty Sitting

As if there weren't enough cats in my life, now I am kitty sitting. My sister is adopting the stray that's been hanging around her apartment. He's a very pretty cat, and I think he's about 7 months old. I haven't been around growing cats enough in the last several years, so I really don't know how to estimate. gftr <= That was him standing on the keyboard. At the moment his name is Fitzwilliam. As in Fitzwilliam Darcy. If you don't know who that is, just don't worry about it. Katie says his name might change anyway, as his personality comes out. For tonight, he's at my house "in isolation" from Gus, the cat who already lives at Katie's. Gus belongs to Julia and has been watching "Fitz" through the window for weeks now. Carter desperately wants Fitz to play with him, and Fitz really wants Carter to go away. Carter barks, wags. Fitz growls, wags. When a cat wags, that's not a good thing. Tomorrow he goes to the vet for a checkup, and then, if all is well, home with Katie.
So much for studying Chemistry tonight.

No comments: