Friday, April 21

Easter

On Easter we were talking to Jakob on the phone. He's almost 5. He said "At church today I got a Easter egg but I learned about Jesus but I got a Easter egg and it had jelly beans in it!"

Andrew, who's 3, told us that "Jesus died. But he had a lot of blood."

I've heard that several kids, ranging from age 6 to 13, want to know whether Jesus has two birthdays, since he came alive on Christmas and on Easter.

My sister-in-law Ari is taking an MCAT prep course. They got out early to watch the Superbowl, but they had a test on Easter Sunday. Whatever.

I've discovered that a lot of people don't even know what Easter is. All this talk about the Easter Bunny and no talk at all about what bunnies symbolize. For those of you who don't know, Easter is the day that Jesus was resurrected after having been crucified. He died on Friday, rose on Sunday.

No comments: