Saturday, May 14

Garbage

My Grandpa keeps everything. Everything. And my Grandma gets tired of keeping everything. And we get tired of it too. When they used to have pigs, the pigs ate all the food garbage. Everything that could be burned was burned in the wood stove. A lot of things are still burned in the wood stove, but when it comes to food garbage, well, grandma fills her bucket and carries out to the field and buries it. In the field. With a broken shovel. OK, um, my grandmother is 80 years old and she has to carry her garbage into a field and bury it! So, my mom checked to see if the garbage truck goes by the farm. And it does. So, she asked my grandma if she would like to have garbage service. Grandma's first question: "Would they take food garbage and tin can lids?" My GOSH! The poor woman didn't even KNOW that they accept food garbage! Then she said she doesn't know if Grandpa would approve. I'm pretty darn sure he wouldn't. But if she does get garbage service, Grandma says, she'll try to sneak stuff into the garbage can! Needless to say, we are getting her garbage service. And if Grandpa objects, my advice to Grandma is to say "Hey! That is MY garbage, so you just leave it alone!!"

No comments: