Friday, December 3

Cookie

I have just invented a new cookie recipe. I use half Crisco to reduce the cholesterol of butter, and half butter to reduce the hydrogenatedness of Crisco. Actually I use half Crisco because cookies made with all butter taste buttery but tend to spread too much during baking, while Crisco causes them to maintain some height and fluffiness. I use one third all-purpose unbleached flour to maintain lightness, and two thirds "white whole wheat" flour, which is whole wheat milled from pure soft white wheat (bread flours are hard red wheat), which adds nutrients that are removed from the usual white flour, and deepens the flavor of the cookies. I use half brown sugar for chewyness and carameliness, and half white sugar for structure and whiteness. I use double the vanilla of most cookie recipes, and half the salt. And some eggs and other requisite ingredients for structure and texture. I add chocolate chips or whatever sounds good, and then I roll the individual spoonfuls of dough in ground almonds, so that after baking the cookies have a toasted almond crust. Patent Pending. Code is proprietary and available as "Recipe" for $500/mo under N/D and subject to licensing agreement. Technical support at additional cost, and I will blame any problems you have on operator error.

No comments: