Saturday, October 16

Caleb James Nordhagen

Baby Caleb was supposed to arrive at Thanksgiving. But I guess he was in a hurry, cuz he arrove today. There was no stopping him. They tried all day to stop him, but at just about 5 o'clock this afternoon he made his appearance in the wide world. He's 40 days early, which means there's some concern for his health, especially for the next 3 days. His lungs aren't really ready to be breathing air. But while he was expected to weigh between 4 and 4.5 pounds at this point, he's 5 lb 5 oz!! And he's 17 1/2 inches long. So his good size should help him out. I wonder if he's ready to try eating? I hope so. Caleb's oldest brother arrived 20 days early, and the next one was 30 days early... so I hope the next one doesn't try it at 50 days early! Gosh! The best news is that this evening Caleb was in the regular nursery, so I guess he doesn't need too much special care. We're glad he's here, though we would have liked him to wait a while! Alas, he's here in the world, but he's way down there in Reno.

-- uh, I guess I should mention that Caleb is my brother Erik's third son. Mommy is my sister-in-law Ari, and big brothers are Jakob Peter Nordhagen and Andrew Erik Nordhagen.

No comments: